Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New Beginnings

We have been so super busy lately and I have not been able to keep up with blogging. We finally found a fantastic house and moved in last weekend. The house was officially ours on May 17th but we didn't have to be out of our apartment until the 31st so I was over there almost everyday working on it. So it is in Roy, just 15 mintues west of where we were living. It's still close to all of our parents too--15 minutes in different directions. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a great fenced in yard and a garage! I knew when all the other houses fell through it was for a reason and we are so glad they did because we love this house. The whole house needed a fresh coat of paint throughout so with the help of some friends I had a few rooms done before we moved in. We also replaced the THREE different kinds of carpet upstairs....it was scary :) Lexi loves all the stairs and has found the fun in rolling things down them, especially her baby doll. She love all the space to run (we don't quite have enough furniture to fill it yet) and she is constantly playing in the backyard on the slide that comes off the deck. Sebastian also loves all the room to run around as well as all the new hiding places to get away from Lexi. Curtis loves our garage and has already filled it with his army crap! I am enjoying all the extra space and storage but I am not going to enjoy cleaning it all. I am also remembering how to mow the lawn...I have not done that in years and with Curtis being gone so much I better learn how.

I have also recently found a job. I believe the day after I said "I am officially done looking until we get into our house", I got a call for an interview and then accepted the position. So here I am part-time at the Ogden City Council's office as the council clerk just doing administrative work for the council members and staff. I am really enjoying it, especially the small staff I work with. I am also really enjoying my time out of the house and being with adults! Thanks to my awesome friend Mandy, I found an amazing lady that watches kids in her home just ten minutes from us. Lexi loves it at Melinda's house. She gets to "play with the kids", have lots of snacks and popcorn (her new favorite) and they play outside a lot which she loves! She also loves going there to have milk in her 'go, diego, go' cup :)

As soon as we get our internet connected at home I will be posting pictures of our place!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

You know I would do anything for you my friend!! I love your house...i'm also a little bit jealouse because I wish my house was bigger! I can't wait til you have your house warming party! Love Ya Lady!!